How do you practice abundance easily when you feel short on time?
I hear you, some days it seems impossible! However, I can assure you it’s not, and I’m here to share my best tips on how to practice abundance….easily!
No matter how busy you are!
Table of Contents
First, What is an Abundance Mindset?
As I mentioned in my other post, “What is An Abundance Mindset? An Abundance Mindset is;
“Knowing without a doubt that the Universe has your back and that there is enough abundance out there for you and everyone else. Not just when you are in a good mood and things are going perfect- but all of the time!”
Having an abundance mindset is so, so much more than having money, popularity or having the perfect looks. Abundance mindset is all about amazing emotions such as love, spirituality, purpose, and peace.
You are creative, optimistic, and therefore open to all that the universe has for you.
Where Did We Get The Term Abundance Mindset?
While the principles of an abundance mindset have been around since the beginning of time, Stephen Covey created the term abundance mentality or abundance mindset in his 1989 best-seller, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People. Covey said,
”The Abundance Mentality…flows out of a deep inner sense of personal worth and security. It is the paradigm that there is plenty out there and enough to spare for everybody…”
To Practice An Abundance Mindset You Need To Discover Where You Are Living in Scarcity First
How easy is it as mom’s to think things like, “I didn’t get enough sleep,” “There’s not enough hours in the day.” “I wonder what will go wrong today?” “I wish I had more options,” “I don’t have enough…money…love…mom friends…support.”
So, how do you figure out if you are living in scarcity?
Here are some questions you can ask yourself:
- What do you complain about?
- What do you feel jealous of?
- Where do you feel you are lacking?
- Do you have a hard time giving? Do you feel you can’t afford to tip, buy gifts, donate to charity, etc?
I think Demi Lovato sums up the battle to overcome a scarcity mindset so well in her song, “I Love Me.” Do you relate to this song?
Relax, There Is Hope For You
If you realize you practice a scarcity mindset more than an abundance mindset, don’t worry! We’ve all been there. Even pop superstar Demi Levato feels this way sometimes!
When we realize what we want is lacking, it’s human nature to focus on it. Our brain naturally focuses on what we lack. Scarcity mindset is an outdated survival skill that doesn’t serve most of us anymore.
If you are truly starving or unsafe, than of course you should be hyper focused on fixing those problems!
However, most of us have far more blessings than scarcity. Yet, our brains will focus on the scarcity instead of all our abundance unless we make conscious changes and choices to change this!
I’ve been guilty of this as well, especially about support. It seems like every mom I know has more family, friends and better resources. I have to constantly reset my mindset and remind myself that I have everything I need within myself be successful too!
Why A Scarcity Mindset is So Harmful
Focusing on what we lack will not help any situation. Even if you believe what you are observing is valid, there is also some good in every bad. It will never help to focus on the scarcity, so why do it?
Even worse, choosing a scarcity mindset can cause depression, fear and jealousy. Eventually you will just stop trying and become stuck. Been there, done that. No desire to go back to that!
Stanford psychologist Carol Dweck examined mindsets among young students. What she found was fascinating! Children who had a growth mindset that intelligence can be developed are better able to overcome academic challenges than those who have a fixed mindset that intelligence is predetermined.
A 2019 study found that positive thinking can result in an 11–15% longer lifespan and a stronger likelihood of living to age 85 or older. This effect remained after other factors such as age, gender, income, depression, and health status were controlled.
You Can Learn To Practice An Abundance Mindset
It’s ok if you have feelings of scarcity sometimes. You are human! Everyone feels a scarcity mindset sometimes. However, with time, practice and self-belief you can start feeling more and more abundant mama! The amazing thing about the human brain is we can train it to behave how we and create new thought patterns with a little effort.
Here are My Best Tips To Easily Practice An Abundance Mindset Now
If you’ve read my blog it should come as no surprise this is my first tip. Self-love is the most important think you can do to have an abundance mindset. You will not have an abundance mindset if you do not practice self-love first because you must truly believe you deserve it. Besides the self-love tips on my blog post, you can start right now by just being aware of it. Whenever you start to think something negative about yourself, simply ask, “Would I talk to my child that way?” Unless you are horrible person, the answer is likely to be no! Talk to yourself the way you would to your child the next time you want to criticize yourself.
I have a whole manifestation section on gratitude for a good reason. Gratitude is a powerful magnet for abundance in our lives! When we are grateful we invite more of what we are thankful for and naturally increase our abundance. Gratitude can be as simple as just gratitude bombing. In addition, this requires no tools, just your mind! This simply consists of just listing any and everything you can think of to be grateful for. It can be anything! You can write it down, say it out loud, or say it in your head. Do this any time you notice yourself focusing on lack, and want an abundance mindset attitude adjustment.
3. Take Time to Relax
No matter how busy you are, you need to find time to relax. You can’t experience abundance if you are too busy to even notice it! Even if this means just taking a minute to do some deep breathing.
4. Embrace Change
A scarcity mindset worries about change. Similarly, an abundance mindset focuses on the possibilities of change! The next time you face change, embrace it! Don’t run from it.
5. Surround yourself with people who have an abundance mentality
You are who you spend time with. This goes back to self- love as well. Set boundaries. Say no. Don’t undervalue your worth if you sell products or services. In conclusion, know your worth and get out of toxic environments.
6. Make a list of strengths. Ask for help if you need ideas.
7. Do Things You Love
8. Spend time on your passions and purpose. It is not waste of time!
9. For Every Negative Find One Good thing Or Do One Good Thing
10. Indulge in Inexpensive Things Often. No, that latte, bath bomb, fuzzy slippers are NOT a waste if you can afford it and it makes you smile! Mom’s deserve treats too!
11. Name your passwords, usernames and bank accounts with silly abundance related themesl ike “AbundanceMagnet!@$” or “MamaManifests1Mil”
12. Thank the universe every time you pay a bill. For instance, say, “Thank you I can afford to pay this!”
13. Give money and things away as often as you can! Even if its just a dollar, or you can only afford an encouraging word or your time.
14. Put pictures of money up everywhere so you get used to seeing it. Put it as a screensaver on your laptop, put it on your refrigerator, your car dashboard, etc.
15. Write down every time you receive money, even if its just a penny you found!
16. Spend Less Time On Social Media and News Sites and More on Uplifting News and Websites
17. Spend More Time in Nature
18. Allow time to do something creative like painting, knitting or drawing
19. Dance in Your Underwear! You can dance when you wake up! Dance in the grocery store when your favorite song comes on!
20. Get a babysitter or hire cleaning help! Get rid of other expenses if needed- trust me, it’s worth it! There is nothing better than free time! You deserve it!
21. Listen to inspiring podcasts or music instead of the radio
22. Make sure your Spouse Is Helping Out And Keep Them Accountable
23. To-Do Lists Are Your Friend
24. Have A Day of The Week to Declutter to Regularly Invite in New Things
25. Use Aromatherapy To Boost Your Mood Fast
26. Show Your Kids Abundance of Time by Dedicating Time to Them Where You Spend Time With Them Intentionally. Don’t Make Them Fight For Your Time!
27. Show Your Kids Abundance of Love By Telling and Showing It Often-To Yourself, to Them, and to Your Spouse
What ways do you practice abundance regularly? Let me know in the comments below!